Yes, it’s ironic, that I’d be writing about Natural Arthritis Prevention and management when my “Wayfarer’s Magic: Comfrey Ointment”, provides relief to Arthritis.
Yet, I’d prefer to prevent Arthritis than manage the symptoms of it. Wouldn’t we all prefer a happy pain-free world for everyone at whatever age?
As Hippocrates, once said ‘Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food’, and there was never truer words spoken. And it’s these words that play in my mind as I continually educate myself on good health and well-being.
When I volunteered at an aged care home in Buenos Aires, I was in charge of Friday’s bingo and had the honour of meeting Betty* (* name has been changed to protect the not so innocent). Betty had been married, must’ve and still was a stunner – she captured my imagination with the stories of the wild escapades of her youth. Sure, skinny dipping in the river with a bunch of girlfriends might not be shocking now, it certainly was back in the 1930’s.
Betty had been married, must’ve and still was a stunner – she captured my imagination with the stories of the wild escapades of her youth. Sure, skinny dipping in the river with a bunch of girlfriends might not be shocking now, it certainly was back in the 1930’s.
She was independent, strong and positive, the only thing that bothered her was her Rheumatoid Arthritis. She often spoke of her inability to hold a pen to write to her 3 grandchildren living in the USA, and wasn’t able to knit as she’d done all her life.
I wish I knew more about Arthritis then, and if she were still around this is the advice I’d be giving her:
Manage and Prevent Arthritis by following these simple steps:
- Keep hydrated, drink water – this is what keeps the fluid in our body well oiled, and rids our body of waste products that otherwise contribute to the Arthritic inflammation.
- Eat beneficial spices such as Turmeric to your diet wherever you can, this earlier post explains how. Ginger also calms inflammations as does Cinnamon.
- Make sure you are getting your Omega 3-6-9, either through eating Fish, Flaxseed/ Olive Oil or Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil which is the best oil for all three Omegas.
- Eat enough veggies & Fruit: Preferably organic or home grown, especially berries for antioxidants, citrus fruit or kiwi for vitamin C, broccoli, dark green veggies as well as squash, carrots and apricots:
- – Organic is preferred, as it is free of chemical pesticides, it also has more nutrients and minerals from the soil for our body so it can more readily renew our cellar tissue.
- Avoid Coffee, Alcohol, Smoking, food additives and Sugar-
– These either stop the nutrients you need from being absorbed in your body, which you need for cell renewal, or they directly help to cause the inflammation.
Yes, I would also gift Betty a jar of my “Wayfarers Magic: Comfrey Ointment”, as an adventurous traveller I have no doubt she’d have loved the name and the opportunity to use it.
More than that, I’d have like to see her on a healthier diet that was able to manage/prevent the pain caused to her by Arthritis. If nothing else so she’d be able to write her grandchildren without needing to dictate her innermost thoughts and affections for them through another.
Highly recommend this book if you’d like to know more: The Autoimmune Fix