“Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France
Do you like to travel? I think the world is such a magical place, that it’s one of our greatest privileges in this life to be able to explore it, and learn from all the incredible cultures and countries that we travel to. Here are some of the things I learnt from a few of my adventures;
- Argentina: that Whales are the Zen masters of the sea, and their song weaves such presence that you are immediately transported a new dimensions of wonder and being.
- Argentina: Yes the government is unstable, yes inflation is outrageous, yes crime is an issue – life is life, just get on with it, complaining will get you nowhere, laugh, enjoy, have fun, drink mate, stay up all night, dance the tango, create magic and know that today is today and tomorrow is a new day, with completely new opportunities.
- Thailand: truly a land of smiles, authentic ones at that! Did you know you can’t smile and be sad at the same time, so keep on smiling. And Thai food is the most delicious food ever (no doubt something to smile about).
- Laos: Weaving and natural dying is long, hard yet happy work. I will never look at the price of a hand dyed & woven fabric every again.
- Italy: You can never have too much of a good thing…. Even if it’s ice cream
- France: Life is to be enjoyed, don’t bother at all about what anyone thinks and it’s your right, and anyone else to strike – as long as you need to. Viva la revolution!
- England: A good sense of humour is needed and found in all situations.
- Every where: Hotel toiletries are always below par, so I always have my own must have items, nowadays this also includes my own Wayfarers Magic
Comfrey Ointment, which is super all-purpose, I use mine as a day/ night cream, bumps, bruises, insect bites, cuts and hand cream. And in any other unforeseen emergencies. Ancient Pilgrims knew to have a bit of Comfrey at hand.
Anything you’ve learnt? And love about travelling, or have a must have that you take with you?